Department Physical Education & Sports
Excellent sports facilities around the year for overall development of every student. Spacious 2400 Sqft indoor sports complex with separate 850 sq ft multi Gym and 3 acres stadium for games and athletics (tracks and fields) and various courts supports indoor game-badminton, table tennis, chess, carom etc and outdoor games-basket ball, cricket, football, volley ball, throw ball, kho-kho, kabaddi, netball, ball badminton and so on with athletics tracks.
To instill a sporting culture by recognizing and utilizing sports as an important and sustainable tool for the holistic development of the students. To imbibe discipline, leadership qualities and courage in students though sports activities.
- To produce National & International players by providing state-of-art sports facilities to the students.
- To achieve excellence in sports by incorporating Physical fitness, core values of discipline, teamwork, safety, respect and integrity among the students.
- To spot and groom the sports talent.
- To foster better human relation through physical education and sports activates.
Objectives & Goals
To achieve top position in sports arena of universities level /state / National/ International.
To provide opportunity and facility for the students to train at their chosen sports.
To establish hi-tech Sports infrastructure & facility.
Head of the Department
Mr.Lokesh K T M.P.Ed
Physical Education Director
Excellent sports facilities around the year for overall development of every student. Spacious 2400 Sqft indoor sports complex with separate 850 Sq ft multi gym and 3 acres’ stadium for tracks and fields events (games and athletics) and various game supports indoor game like-Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess, carom ect and outer game –Basket Ball, Cricket, Foot Ball, volley Ball, Throw Ball, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Netball, Ball Badminton ect.
- Excellent facilities for personality development, sports and cultural activities are provided in the college campus.
- All the Indoor and outdoor sports facilities exist in the institute campus. Indoor sports complex is available for indoor games like badminton, ball badminton, table tennis, chess, carom and also has well equipped Multi-Gym facility.
- Department of Physical Education is equipped with all indoor and outdoor facilities for the staff and students. Both men and women take part in individual and group activities of different nature.
- “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body”: VKIT provides all sports and games facilities along with immense opportunities to the students to prove their skills and expertise in sports and games.
- We encourage all the students to take part in the intramural and extra mural tournaments conducted by various other institutions, Universities and open tournaments.
- Support with allowances and colors (jersey, shorts, track shoots etc) along required equipments for the participating students at tournaments at inter college, university, state and national level.
- Separate green rooms for Men and Women are available at Sports complex.
- Coach and Training of various sports and games at campus after class hours (4-6pm)
Successfully Hosting of our college VTU calendar of event & Tournaments
- Successfully organized the VTU Kho-Kho (Men-Bangalore South Zone & Women-Bangalore Zone) tournament at VKIT campus for two days i.e., 06th April 2017 & 07th April 2017.
- VTU Single Zone Taekwondo (Men & Women) Tournament 2018-19.
- VTU Bengaluru South Zone Basket Ball (Men) Tournament 2018-19.
- VTU Bengaluru South Zone Kho-Kho (Men) Tournament -19
Successfully Hosting of our college VTU Tournaments calendar of event (Even Sem)-2018-19.
- VTU Bengaluru South Zone Kho-Kho (Men) Tournament -19.
- Mr.Lokesh.K.T, represented VTU as a manager for All India Inter University Taekwondo Competition (Men & Women) held at M D University, Rohtak, Haryana Form 09th to 18th March 2019.
- Annual Sports conducted at VKIT campus (department wise)
- VKIT Women’s Team was the Runner Up in VTU Inter-collegiate Bangalore Zone Kabaddi Women Championship held at Sai Vidya Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 09th & 10th May 2019.
- VKIT Women’s Team have won Third place in VTU Inter-zone Kabaddi Women Tournament held at VSMIT, Nippani on 12th to 14th May 2019.
- Encouraged and Motivated the students to Participate in VTU Calendar of events, by providing them coaching and practice. Our students are bringing laurels to the institutions by winning Gold and Silver medals and Trophies.
Number of Participants
VTU INTER COLLEGIATE Taekwondo (Men &Women) Single Zone Tournament 2018
10th & 11th Sept 2018
VTU Women Taekwondo Championship Secure 3rd place.
1. Miss.Chaitanya.c, over 73 kg Secured 2nd Place.
2.Prerana.L Under 67 kg Secured 2nd Place.
3.Vidyashree TJ Under-62 kg Secured 3nd Place
4.Jyothynayari under-73 kg Secured 3nd Place.
5.Jeevitha H J Under-46 kg Secured 3nd Place
VTU INTER COLLEGIATE Cricket Selection(Men) Bengaluru south zone 2018
21st & 22nd sept 2018
Mr.Pranav.R was selected of Bengaluru South Zone Cricket Team Player
VTU INTER COLLEGIATE Wrestling & Judo (Men &Women) Single Zone Tournament 2018
Saptagiri IT, Bengaluru
15th to 17th Oct-2018
1.Mr.Uday Was Secured 2nd Place in Judo 61 kg
2.Prerana.l Was Secured 2nd Place in Freestyle wrestling under 70kg
3.Vidyasree T J Was Secured 2nd Place in Freestyle wrestling under 65 kg
5th, 6th May 2018 (Bangalore Zone)
7th & 8th May 2018 (VTU Inter zone tournament)
Winner of Bangalore Zone
Secured 5th place in VTU Inter zone tournament
Punjab University, Patiala
22.03.2018 To 24.03.2018
Miss. Divya Sara Prakash, 8th ECE have participated in National Level Tournament and secured 3rd place.
VTU INTER COLLEGIATE KABADDI (Women) Bengaluru zone 2019
Sai Vidya IT, Bengaluru
9th & 10 May 2019
VTU INTER Zone KABADDI (Women) Bengaluru zone 2019
13th & 14th May 2019
Championship 3rd Place (University Level )
VTU INTER COLLEGIATE Wrestling & Judo (Men &Women) Single Zone Tournament 2019
06th to 07th Sept-2019
Mr.Suresh.P,3rd Sem ECE, has secured 2nd Place in freestyle wrestling Under-61 kgs
- Mis. MANASA D R, 7th Sem CSE represented University Kabaddi(Women) team in the South Zone Inter University Tournament 2018-19 held at Bengaluru north University Bengaluru from 12th to 15th Nov-2018.
- Ms. Divya Sara Prakash,
- Secured 3rd place in All India Inter University Fencing [Men and Women] Competition held at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Jan 2017
- Represented All India Inter University Fencing Competition held at Patiala Punjabi University March 2018
- Mr. Sanjay.V
- Secured 2nd Place in VTU Taekwondo Competitions 2017-18.
- Secured 1st place in VTU level Taekwondo Competition 2016-17
- Mr. Lokesh PED
- Represented VTU as a manager for All India Inter University Taekwondo Competition (Women) held at Punjab on Feb. 2018.
- VKIT women Badminton team secured 3 place in VTU Bengaluru South Zone Badminton tournament 2016-17.
- 104 VKIT students participated in 12 Events at VTU 2017-18 sports tournaments and 29 students represented VKIT at 18th VTU Intercollegiate Cultural Fest 2018
- Secured 1st Place in VTU Inter-Collegiate Zonal (Bangalore Zone) Kabaddi (Women) Tournaments held at CIT, Gubbi, 2018.