The Department of Electronics and Communication was established in 1997 along with the college with an annual sanctioned intake of 60 students with an aim to promote and achieve excellence in academics, research and training. The sanctioned strength was increased to 90 in the year 2004-05 and then during the year 2010-2011 the intake was increased to 120. The post graduate Programme on Digital Communication and Networking was introduced in 2013. The department offers excellent infrastructure with state of the art laboratories, equipments, software tools, around 100 computers and an e-classroom. Department strives to give quality education for graduate and post graduate students in Electronics and Communication and networking domain.
The department consists of highly qualified and experienced faculties who have a common passion to help students to realize their potential. The department has a total strength of 22 faculty members with various specialization, out of which two are Ph.D holders, three are pursuing Ph.D and all the faculty members are Post Graduates. Faculty members, few of them are listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, authored books based on their teaching, research and industrial experience. Some of the faculty are actively involved in publications/presentation of research articles in national/International conferences and journals and have won Best Paper awards.
The department looks beyond examination and grades, acquiring skills, knowledge and competence; we believe it is essential for students to have individual personal and career growth. We endeavor to provide this by imparting in-house training and analytical support on strategic technologies through well established college forums. We encourage students to become life-long learners by developing intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge discovery and achievements.
The vision of Department of Electronics and Communication is to provide best professional education through excellent teaching, research and service, thereby creating ideal platform for students, faculty, intellectuals to nurture their skills necessary to succeed in a ever challenging and dynamic environment with the support of state-of-art laboratory facilities, infrastructure and ambience. Our aspirations are both noble and bold that each student respect and cherish what is unique and of infinite value for themselves and others.
We aspire to provide global exposure to both students and faculty, provide training on latest cutting edge technology, soft skill development, personality development leading to overall development so that after course completion and when they are out of college they are well suited in industry / corporate / international scenario.
A student graduating B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Vivekananda Institute of Technology should,
- Continuously enhance their knowledge by pursuing higher studies in multidisciplinary area and grow in multicultural environments.
- Pursue a successful career in utilizing his/her education and to develop as an excellent employee/or as an entrepreneur.
- Be responsible members, understand the human, social and environmental context of their profession and contribute positively to the needs of the society.
- The outcomes of the student in B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme must demonstrate:
- The knowledge of mathematics, science in the field of Electronics and Communication to solve engineering problems.
- An ability to use research methods to design a system, component or process to meet the desired economic, social and environmental.
- An ability to work efficiently by an individually and in team in multi-disciplinary environment.
- To understand professional and ethical responsibilities in professional engineering practice and to engage in life-long learning.
- The department has signed MOU with SAP Academic University Alliance.
- Every year more than 80% of the UG and PG students are doing project work in reputed companies namely BEL, ISRO, BHEL, etc.
- Dr. Shaila K is the Nodal Officer for BSNL-AICTE Employability Enhancement Training Program.