Mechanical Engineering is the mother of all branches. The contribution of this branch is enormous in the growth of technology over the centuries. The scope of the course varies from material research to machinery development, Nano Technology, Smart materials, Aerospace Technology, Missiles technology, CAD/CAM, FMS, CIM, Automation and such other interrelated developments. The job opportunities are in aero space, Automotive and Manufacturing sectors apart from research establishments. Many firms developing software packages for mechanical components and products are also recruiting the mechanical engineers.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been in existence since 2013 with a sanctioned intake of 60. The faculty members have received advanced degrees like M.E and M.Tech from reputed institutions and have a very good academic and research experience. The skills needed for this course are strong computational mathematics, creativity and analytical abilities. The areas of study includes Manufacturing processes, Mechanical vibrations, Mechatronics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Tool Engineering and Design, Design of machine elements, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Robotics.
The department is enriched with good infrastructure and latest heavy engineering machinery to cadre to the need of the hour and prepare the students for better tomorrow. The department as a team feels that there is a great need for inculcating the spirit of devotion, dedication and above all innovation among the students. The department pledges to bridge the gap between the new technologies and the learning brains of the students.
VISION, MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Graduates of BE program in Mechanical Engineering will be able to:
- To model, analyze, design and realize physical systems, components or process by applying principles of thermal engineering, machine design, Mechatronics and Control Engineering.
- To work professionally in industries or as an entrepreneur by applying manufacturing and management practices.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Dr. Kumar Kenche Gowda, Head of the Department,Mechanical Engineering
Dr.Kumar has 16 years of teaching experience. He received his Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from PESCE Mandya, M.E in Machine Design from University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, B.E in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore University, Bangalore. He has published more than fifty research papers in International Conferences and refereed International Journals. He has also received best paper awards for his research papers. He has authored two books : He is the editor of NAFEMS and reviewer for few Journals. He is the Life Member for ISTE, IAENG, Institute of Engineers. His research areas include Aircraft Engines, Wind Turbines etc. He is Academic Council Nominee at PESCE, Mandya. He has Initiated many advanced technology projects in the areas related to steam turbines, wind turbines, Aircraft Engines etc.. He has Networked and Integrated academic activities of the college with R & D Laboratories and Private Industries. He Took Major part in the revision of B.E, M.Tech, M.Sc(Engg) Degree Programs of the University. He also invited as one of the resource persons for conducting faculty development program on Finite element analysis using Ansys software.
Email Id: email@example.com, Contact number : 9480339078
- The fourth semester students namely Prakash.M, Prajwal Rajeev Hebbar, Sriram.T.S and Venkatesh.G of second semester who plays for the Football team of VKIT had participated in VTU Intercollegiate Sports held at VKIT, Bangalore. These players played a vital role in taking the team up to Semifinals.
- The fourth semester student Maruthi.C plays for Cricket team of VKIT, he played well during VTU Intercollegiate Sports.