Janatha Education Society ® was registered in 1972 by 12 promoters from various walks of life. Present day strength of life members are 140 and is limited to only 140. A life member can nominate one of his / her heir as life member after his / her time as per the bye-law of the society.
City campus located on Dr.Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar II Stage, Bangalore 560 055 on one acre leased land from BDA. Along with adjacent two acres land leased from BWSSB.
Campus-2 at Devaiah Park with 12,000 Sq.ft land donated by esteemed member Sri S.T.Narayana Gowda.
26 acres VKIT campus at Mysore Road near Kumbalagodu is about 23 Kms from city campus.
Vivekananda College for Women campus situated at Mahalakshmipuram 7,500 sq.ft plot donated by esteemed member Sri K.B.Jayaram
Apart from these campus with, the Society has two hostels located near the city campus. One each for boys and girls. Further one more hostel for boys is functioning from Gayathrinagar, Bangalore 560021.
The various institutions offering “quality education at affordable cost” with the total student strengths of 7,000 are
- VIVEKANANDA PRE-UNIVERSITY COLLEGE at JES Campus(1972)
- JANATHA KANNADA HIGHER PRIMARY SCHOOL(1974)
- VIVEKANANDA KANNADA HIGH SCHOOL (1981)
- VIVEKANANDA DEGREE COLLEGE (1982)
- VIVEKANANDA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY (1986)
- VIVEKANANDA ENGLISH HIGHER PRIMARY SCHOOL (1991)
- VIVEKANANDA ENGLISH HIGH SCHOOL (1991)
- VIVEKANANDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (1997)
- VIVEKANANDA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (2004)
- VIVEKANANDA EVENING DEGREE COLLEGE (2009)
- VIVEKANANDA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (2012)