Vivekananda Institute of technology pioneers the Department of Information Science and Engineering in the year 1998 with the sanctioned intake of 60. The department has well equipped laboratories and highly qualified dynamic faculty members. The department aims to achieve quality in education and excellence in knowledge management through innovations, problem solving, inter disciplinary collaborations and continuous improvement to meet the changing needs of society.
- Motivating students with rewards.
- Remedial coaching classes.
- Value added programs.
- Recognition and team work.
To achieve quality in education and excellence in knowledge management through time bound goals, innovation, problem solving, interdisciplinary collaboration and continuous improvement to meet the changing needs of society.
- To impart quality education in information Science and Engineering for evolving software Professorssionals with technical competence, strong character, Professorssional ethics and holistic approach to manage ever expanding knowledge horizon.
- Disciplined and Integrated Development of Personality through Academic Excellence, Sports and cultural activities.
- To strive for student achievement and success, preparing them for life and leadership.
- Design and implement network and web based computational systems under realistic constraints.
- Design, Develop and Test software systems/products to provide solutions to real world problems.
- Design efficient algorithms and develop effective codes.
- Able to use and analyze the appropriate IT tools for the effective implementation of the projects.
Short term goals
- To achieve excellence in education by obtaining very good results in university examinations.
- To promote faculty and students to present and publish papers in conferences and journals.
- To arrange national conferences and personality development workshop for students to improve technical and communication skills.
Long term goals
- To establish research centre in the department to promote in house research and to get funding from various funding agencies.
- To improve industry interaction programme to collaborate with industries.
- To start postgraduate programme in Information Science & Engg.
- Analog & Digital Electronics Lab
- Microprocessors & ARM Lab
- Networks Lab
- Data Structures with ‘C’ Lab
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms Lab
- Data Base Applications Lab
- System Software & Operating Systems Lab
- Web-Programming Lab
- Computer Graphics & Visualization Lab
Head of the Department
Dr. Vanajakshi P BE (CSE), M. Tech (CSE), Ph. D (CSE), MIE, MISTE.
Dr. P. Vanajakshi has completed her Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Mysore University and Master of Technology and Ph.D in Computer Science & Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University in India. She is having total experiences of 22 + years. She has conducted various Training Programmes, Seminars and Workshops. She has published technical papers in various International conferences, Refereed Journals, Peer Reviewed Journals. She has also received best presentation and best paper award for her research work. She is the Life Member for ISTE, IAENG, and IE. Her area of research interests are Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Image Processing, Data Mining. She is currently working as HOD, Department of ISE, VKIT
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- N P Nethravathi has attended an Innovation Ambassador Training Program organized by IIC, MHRD’s Innovation Cell on 26th and 27th Feb 2020 at ACS College of Engineering, Bengaluru.
- N P Nethravathi attended a faculty development program on “Data Science” from 23-27 September 2019 at UVCE, Bengaluru.
- Priyanka H V and Mrs. Rashmi B C attended a three days’ faculty development program on “Microcontroller and Embedded Systems” from 27/01/2020 to 29/01/2020 @ JSSATE, Bengaluru.
- Selvi M have attended a one day workshop on “IEEE authorship” on 14/01/2020 at UVCE, Bengaluru.
- Mrs Kusuma C, Assistant Professor, Department of ISE have cleared NPTL Online Certification Course – “PYTHON FOR DATA SCIENE” in the month of November.
- A webinar on “AI Transferring the Current World” on 4th August 2020.
- A webinar on “AI stepping into future” on 31st July 2020.
- A webinar on “Basic of financial” on 28th July 2020.
- A webinar on “Internet of Things” on 28th July 2020.
- A webinar on “Cloud Instance Creation and Application Deployment on Amazon Elastic Cloud” on 24th July 2020.
- A webinar on “A Road Map to Realize your Dreams” on 25th July 2020.
- A webinar on “Preparation for Civil Service Examination” on 22nd July 2020
- A webinar on “ARM Processor” on 20th July 2020.
- A webinar on “Best Practices in Programming” on 11th July 2020.
- A webinar on “AI – A case study on object recognition” on 4th July 2020
- A webinar on “Creative ways of answering interview questions” on 29th June 2020.
- A webinar on “Entrepreneurship: A walkthrough” on 26th June 2020.
- A webinar on “Capstone Projects” on 25th June 2020.
- A webinar on “Facilities/Services Provided by Banks in India” on 21st June 2020.
- A webinar on “Open Source opportunities for Students and Faculty” on 19th June 2020.
- A webinar on “Wellness Program- The Science of Well-being” on 17th June 2020.
- A webinar on “Personality Development through Online Courses- The 3 Dimensional Learning” on 1st June 2020 .
- A three days’ workshop on “Data Science” was conducted by ISE from 7th to 9th November 2019 sponsored by ISTE.
Following faculties received 100% result in their particular subjects during the academic year 2018-2019.
|Sl. No.||FACULTY NAME||SUBJECTS|
|1||Mrs. Kusuma C||CN|
|2||Mrs. Laxmi Shabadi||M/C Learning and ME|
|4||Ms. Swathi U||SAN|
|Sl. No.||Event date||Event Name||Prize|
|1||29.02.2020||Aptitude Test on C/C++||I Prize – B Prashanth|
|II Prize – Namratha M|
|2||29.02.2020||Departmental Website Creation||I Prize –Sanjay G, Sumanth D N|
|II Prize – Chethan C M & Sangamesh B Patil|
|3||4.03.2020||Profile Writing||I Prize – Rahul Xavier|
|II Prize – Rajeshwari N S|
- Nethravathi N.P.Sushmitha Bai H V, Anjana Thanuje G, Madhurya S, Ravi Nayak. ” Cyber Security Model Using Machine Learning Methods.” in International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Communication and Technology, Volume 8, Issue 3, August 2020.
- Department of ISE has submitted proposal for funded collaborative research programs for students supported by VTU
- Department of ISE has submitted proposal for funded VTU TEQIP Cell for organising training for lab instructors supported by VTU.
- Department of ISE has submitted proposal to DST for International Conference based on “Emerging Trends on Data Science”
- Department of ISE has submitted proposal to DST for workshop based on “Emerging Trends on Data Science”
- A students of 2020 batch – Sanjay, Sumanth, Sangamesh, Harish, Chethan has taken part in KSCST 2019-2020 for the Project Title: “Soil Classification & Crop Suggestion Using Machine Learning”.
- A students of 2020 batch – Mamatha, K Hariesha, Balaji, Impana has taken part in KSCST 2019-2020 for the Project Title: “Self-Wound Analysis using Artificial Intelligence & Image Processing”.
- A students of 2019 batch – Diksha Menda , Chaitra D N & Niveditha M has taken part in VTU FOSS for the project Title: “Smart Surveillance for Detection of Unauthorized Access Using Raspberry Pi” held in the month of march-2019 at Bangalore.
- A students of 2019 batch – Gowthami B, Harshitha V, Shalini S R & Sheetal John has taken part in VTU FOSS for the Project Title: “Securing Cloud Storage Using FOG Computing” held in the month of march-2019 at Bangalore.
- A students of 2019 batch – Amina Shireen, Annagha M, Ramya S and S Amrutha has taken part in National level project program by KSCST for the project title “Smart Electronic Aid For Visually Impaired People” held in the month Jan 2019.
- A students of 2019 batch – Sanjiv Shrirang Joshi, Sanjeeva Basavaraj Desunagi, Nischala Gowda H V & Thanushree H K has taken part in National level project program by KSCST for the project title: “Stock Market Analysis Prediction and Profit Estimation Using Concepts of Machine Learning and Deep Learning” held in the month Jan 2019.
- Department of ISE has submitted proposal for ISTE funded to conduct Five Days Workshop on “Data Science” in continuation with this we have received Rs. 5000/- towards the workshop so we have conducted three days workshop on “Data Science” on 7th – 9th November 2019.
Received funds from KSCST – 2019-2020
|Sl No||Name of the Student||USN||Amount Received||Name of the Guide|
|1||Impana L||1VK15IS012||Rs. 875.00||Prof.Selvi M|
|2||Mamatha R||1VK16IS009||Rs. 875.00|
|3||Balaji V||1VK16IS003||Rs. 875.00|
|4||K Hareesha||1VK16IS007||Rs. 875.00|
|Sl No||Name of the Student||USN||Amount Received||Name of the Guide|
|1||Keerthana R||1VK16IS008||Rs.1167.00||Dr.N P Nethravathi|
Total no of students placed till date for current academic year – 2019
|1||Keerthana||1VK16IS008||Tech Mahindra||System’s Trainee|
|2||K Hariesha||1VK16IS007||X-Workz||System’s Trainee|
|3||Mamatha R||1VK16IS009||Pentagon Space Pvt. Ltd.||System’s Trainee|
|4||Chethan C M||1VK16IS005||Pentagon Space Pvt. Ltd.||System’s Trainee|
|5||Syeda Sara||1VK16IS021||X-Workz||System’s Trainee|
|6||Sanjay G||1VK16IS021||Agile Point India Pvt. Ltd.||Dot Net Developer|
|8||K Hariesha||1VK16IS007||QSpider||System’s Trainee|
Placed Students academic year 2018-2019
|1||Diksha Menda A||Infosys||System’s Engineer||3.6 lpa|
|2||Sanjiv Shrirang Joshi||Infosys||System’s Engineer||3.6 lpa|
|3||Gowthami B||Pinclick||Property Advisor||2.4 lpa|
|4||Ganesh R Bharadwaj||Pinclick||Property Advisor||4.2 lpa|
|5||Vijayalakshmi Huddar||Pinclick||Property Advisor||2.4 lpa|
|6||Amrutha S||Mphasis & Acuvate Software Pvt Ltd||Software Developer||1.8 lpa|
|7||Thanushree H K||24X7||Digital Advisor||1.8 lpa|
|8||Sanjeeva Basavaraj Desunagi||Hebbala Labs PVT LTD||Software Developer||3.0 lpa|
|9||Nischal Gowda||Acuvate Software Pvt Ltd||Software Trainee||2.5 lpa|
|SL. NO.||FACULTY NAME||MEMBERSHIP|
|1||Dr. N P NETHRAVATHI||IAENG, ISTE|
|2||Mrs. RASHMI B C||IAENG|
|3||Mrs. KUSUMA C||IAENG|
|4||Mrs. PRIYANKA H V||IAENG|
|5||Mrs. LAXMI S SHABADI||IAENG,ISTE|
|6||Mrs. SELVI M||IAENG,MISTE|
|7||Mrs. ANITHA RAO||IAENG|
|8||Ms. SWATHI U||IAENG|
|9||Ms. MANASA G V KUMAR||IAENG|
|10||Mr. RAKESH M||IAENG|
- Sowmya S, Vaishnavi C, Meghala S, Rahul Xavier have Cleared “Programming with Python” online training conducted by Internshala Trainings.
- Anjali M, Rahul Xavier have Cleared “Data science” online training conducted by Internshala Trainings.
- Varun R has been awarded with branch topper during Sookshmas inter college contest at Global Academy held on 18th March 2019.
- Rahul Xavier has won first prize in national science day quiz organized by ECE department VKIT, Bangalore held on 28th Feb 2019.
- Deeksha Menda from 2019 batch has participated in public competition titled “Innovative Idea for Digital Capabilities in Indian Railways” held through NIC portal. She has won the competition and has been rewarded with cash prize of Rs. 3,30,000/-.
- A Women team has won VTU Bengaluru Zone Kabaddi competition held at CIT, Gubbi on students have won 1st place in Cricket (Women), during Annual sports Events- Akhada-2018.
- Krupa H R from 2017 batch has won the “Best Concept Award” on “Make in India”, a National Program conducted by the Government of India on 19th November 2016, at Sathyabama University, Chennai.
- Mrs Kusuma C, Assistant Professor, Department of ISE have cleared NPTL Online Certification Course – “PYTHON FOR DATA SCIENE”