Dr.Vidya A BE, ME, PhD
Prof & Head
Vivekananda Institute of technology pioneers the Department of Information Science and Engineering in the year 1998 with the sanctioned intake of 60. The department has well equipped laboratories and highly qualified dynamic faculty members. The department aims to achieve quality in education and excellence in knowledge management through innovations, problem solving, inter disciplinary collaborations and continuous improvement to meet the changing needs of society.
To achieve quality in education and excellence in knowledge management through time bound goals, innovation, problem solving, interdisciplinary collaboration and continuous improvement to meet the changing needs of society.
- To impart quality education in information Science and Engineering for evolving software professionals with technical competence, strong character, professional ethics and holistic approach to manage ever expanding knowledge horizon.
- Disciplined and Integrated Development of Personality through Academic Excellence, Sports and cultural activities.
- To strive for student achievement and success, preparing them for life and leadership.
SHORT TERM GOALS
- To achieve excellence in education by obtaining very good results in university examinations.
- To promote faculty and students to present and publish papers in conferences and journals.
- To arrange national conferences and personality development workshop for students to improve technical and communication skills.
LONG TERM GOALS
- To establish research centre in the department to promote in house research and to get funding from various funding agencies.
- To improve industry interaction programme to collaborate with industries.
- To start postgraduate programme in Information Science & Engg.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- Design and implement network and web based computational systems under realistic constraints.
- Design, Develop and Test software systems/products to provide solutions to real world problems.
- Design efficient algorithms and develop effective codes.
- Able to use and analyze the appropriate IT tools for the effective implementation of the projects.
GOOD PRACTICES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Mentoring system for academic, carrier and personal guidance.
- Department association isoft to promote co-curricular and extracurricular activities to inculcate working in groups and to develop leadership skills.
- Seminars and workshops on cutting edge technologies and industrial visit.
- Encouraging students to take up MOOCS to imbibe continuous learning.
- Use of ICT tools in teaching, learning and assessment.