Dr Shaila K B.E, M.E, Ph.D
Prof. & Head
The Department of Electronics and Communication was established in the year 1997 with an intake of 60 and the present intake is 120. The department is equipped with excellent infrastructure with state-of-art laboratories, equipment, software, latest computers and e-classroom with smart boards. 14 qualified experienced dedicated faculties with passion for teaching assists the students to realize their potential. The department strives to implement beyond the curriculum and supports the students in acquiring employability skills along with personal and career growth. The provision at the department for in-house training and analytical support on strategic technologies by participating in various well established clubs and forums encourage every student to become life-long learner by developing intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge discovery and achievements
To become a distinguished department by imparting quality technical education, innovation and research to cater technological resources for industry and societal growth.
- To nurture excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering to meet the needs of the industry.
- To facilitate students by promoting multidisciplinary skill development courses suitable for industry, innovation and research.
- To foster overall personality of the students and faculties by providing behavioral, professional attitude and ethical values through training programs.
SHORT TERM GOALS
LONG TERM GOALS
- To upgrade the department towards achieving A++ from NAAC.
- To conduct value added programmes for students that promotes their domain skills through MOOC's and NPTEL.
- To conduct seminar, workshops, SDP, conference and Industrial Visits.
- To assist the students in Internships and Placements.
- To conduct regular faculty development programme for skill up-gradation.
- To conduct activities under IEEE Student Branch.
- To encourage research and development to achieve significant publications and patents through multidisciplinary research.
- To establish and strengthen Industry-Institute interaction and be an industry solution providers.
- To take up sponsored/consultancy projects from private and government organizations.
- To upgrade the department towards achieving A+ grade from NBA.
- To set up incubation center in association with the industries.
A student graduating B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Vivekananda Institute of Technology should;
- Continuously enhance their knowledge by pursuing higher studies in multidisciplinary area and grow in multicultural environments.
- Pursue a successful career in utilizing his/her education and to develop as an excellent employee/or as an entrepreneur.
- Be responsible members, understand the human, social and environmental context of their profession and contribute positively to the needs of the society.
- B. E in Electronics and Communication Engineering,
- M. Tech. Digital Communication and Networking
- M.Sc Engg (By Research)
- Ph.D Program
GOOD PRACTICES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Motivating students with rewards.
- Remedial coaching classes.
- Value added programs.
- Recognition and team work.