The Department of Electronics and Communication was established in 1997 along with the college with an annual sanctioned intake of 60 students with an aim to promote and achieve excellence in academics, research and training. The sanctioned strength was increased to 90 in the year 2004-05 and then during the year 2010-2011 the intake was increased to 120. The post graduate Programme on Digital Communication and Networking was introduced in 2013. The department offers excellent infrastructure with state of the art laboratories, equipment, software tools, around 100 computers and an e-classroom. Department strives to give quality education for graduate and post graduate students in Electronics and Communication and networking domain.
The department consists of highly qualified and experienced faculties who have a common passion to help students to realize their potential. The department has a total strength of 22 faculty members with various specialization, out of which two are Ph.D holders, three are pursuing Ph.D and all the faculty members are Post Graduates.
Faculty members, few of them are listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, authored books based on their teaching, research and industrial experience. Some of the faculty are actively involved in publications/presentation of research articles in national/International conferences and journals and have won Best Paper awards.
The department looks beyond examination and grades, acquiring skills, knowledge and competence; we believe it is essential for students to have individual personal and career growth. We endeavor to provide this by imparting in-house training and analytical support on strategic technologies through well established college forums. We encourage students to become life-long learners by developing intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge discovery and achievements.
The vision of Department of Electronics and Communication is to provide best professional education through excellent teaching, research and service, thereby creating ideal platform for students, faculty, intellectuals to nurture their skills necessary to succeed in a ever challenging and dynamic environment with the support of state-of-art laboratory facilities, infrastructure and ambiance. Our aspirations are both noble and bold that each student respect and cherish what is unique and of infinite value for themselves and others.
We aspire to provide global exposure to both students and faculty, provide training on latest cutting edge technology, soft skill development, personality development leading to overall development so that after course completion and when they are out of college they are well suited in industry / corporate / international scenario.
A student graduating B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Vivekananda Institute of Technology should,
- Continuously enhance their knowledge by pursuing higher studies in multidisciplinary area and grow in multicultural environments.
- Pursue a successful career in utilizing his/her education and to develop as an excellent employee/or as an entrepreneur.
- Be responsible members, understand the human, social and environmental context of their profession and contribute positively to the needs of the society.
The outcomes of the student in B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme must demonstrate:
- The knowledge of mathematics, science in the field of Electronics and Communication to solve engineering problems.
- An ability to use research methods to design a system, component or process to meet the desired economic, social and environmental.
- An ability to work efficiently by an individually and in team in multi-disciplinary environment.
- To understand professional and ethical responsibilities in professional engineering practice and to engage in life-long learning.
- The department has signed MOU with SAP Academic University Alliance.
- Every year more than 80% of the UG and PG students are doing project work in reputed companies namely BEL, ISRO, BHEL, etc.
- Dr. Shaila K is the Nodal Officer for BSNL-AICTE Employ ability Enhancement Training Program.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Dr. Shaila K
Dr. Shaila K has Eighteen years of teaching experience and Seven years of Research experience. She received her Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangalore University, M.E in Electronics and Communication from University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore University, B.E in Electronics from P.E.S Institute of Technology, Bangalore University, Bangalore. She has published research papers in refereed International Conferences and International Journals. She has also received best paper awards for her research papers. She has authored two books.
She is the editor and reviewer for few Journals. Her name is listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering from 2011 till date. She is the Member of Board of Examiners(UG/PG Course) in Bangalore University from 2010 till date. She is the Nodal Officer for BSNL-AICTE Employability Enhancement Training Program from VKIT. She started the VKIT-IEEE student Branch in 2013 and is the Branch Counselor. She is the Life Member for ISTE, iMAP, IAENG, IEEE-Senior Member, ACM-Professional Member, SAP-Associate Member. Her research areas include Wireless Sensor Networks, Adhoc Networks and Image Processing.
Email Id:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Faculty Name||Qualification||Designation||Working Since|
|Dr. SHAILA K||B.E., M.E, PHD||Professor & HOD||22-09-2003|
|Dr. LAKSHMIKANTH S||B.E., M.TECH, PHD||Associate & Professor||1/2/2016|
|Dr. BHAGYALAKSHMI N||B.E., M.TECH, PHD||Associate & Professor||10/10/2002|
|Mrs. SUBHASHINI B.N||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||30-10-2000|
|Mrs. LEELVATHI H P||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Asst.Professor||3/8/2007|
|Mrs. SUNITHA Y N||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Asst.Professor||13-06-2011|
|Mrs. NAGADURGA K||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||16-07-2012|
|Mrs. SHRUTHI B S||B.E., M.TECH, (PHD)||Asst.Professor||29-07-2010|
|Mrs.A BHAVYA S||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Asst.Professor||13-06-2011|
|Mr.A SHASHIKIRAN B.S||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Asst.Professor||15-06-2011|
|Mrs.A ASHRITHA.S||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||6/1/2012|
|Mr. SANJAY K NAGENDRAA||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Asst.Professor||16-07-2012|
|Mr. RANJAN J||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||16-07-2012|
|Mr. MANU B.K||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||31-12-2012|
|Mr. SYED MUSADIQ||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||1/1/2013|
|Mr. CHETHAN SHARMA P||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||1/1/2013|
|Mr.CHETHAN T.R||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||3/9/2014|
Analog Electronics Lab :
Description : Analog CRO (30MHz), Function generator(0-1MHz), Digital voltmeter/Ammeters, Power supply, Digital Multimeters
Conducted Labs :Analog Electronics Lab (3rd Sem).
Analog Electronics Lab :
Description : Analog CRO (30MHz), Function generator(0-1MHz), Digital voltmeter/Ammeters, Power supply, Digital Multimeters
Conducted Labs :Analog Electronics Lab (3rd Sem).
Digital Electronics Lab :
Description :Digital Trainer kits, Analog Trainer Kits
Conducted Labs :Digital Electronics Lab (3rd Sem).
VLSI & Micro-Controller Lab :
Conducted Labs :VLSI Lab (7th Sem), Microcontroller Lab (4th Sem)
DSP & HDL Lab :
Conducted Labs : DSP lab (5th Sem), HDL lab (4th Sem).
AC +LIC & Adv Communication Lab :
Description : Analog CRO(30MHz), Function generator(0-1MHz),Digital voltmeter/Ammeters,Power supply, Digital Multimeters QPSK, DSPK, TDM, OFC, KitsMicro Strip Bench
Conducted Labs :AC +LIC Lab (5th EC). Adv Communication Lab (6th EC)
Microprocessor Lab :
Conducted Labs :Microprocessor lab (6th EC)
Power Electronic Lab :
Description: Analog CRO(30MHz), Function generator(0-1MHz), Digital voltmeter/Ammeters, Power supply, Digital Multimeters
Conducted Labs :Power Electronic Lab(7th EC)
Research Center Lab:
Conducted Labs :Research Projects (Ph. D Students and Faculties) .
Conducted Labs :Seminars, Research Work Related Presentation (Ph. D Students) . Smart Board with overhead Hitachi Projector, Green Board,E-Podium
The EC/TC Association “Abvivakyathi” was inaugurated in 2007 by Dr. D Hemanth, Principal, VKIT. Various activities were organized under this association like technical talks, essay competition, paper presentation. Department magazine was brought out under its banner. Seeing the need of the day and to fill in more passion, we decided to take a small step by filling life with the whole concept of rebranding the Association with a new name, vibrant logo and a dynamic tagline. We could achieve this by the collective support of Principal and with the active participation of students and staff members.
The EC Technical Association was rechristened as Electronic Forum on 19th September 2013. The Logo and Tag Line of the Electronics Forum was developed by Mr. Chethan Sharma P, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication. The Electronics Forum Logo and Tag Line was unveiled by Mr. Parthiban A, Product Analyst & Promoter EPR Labs, Dr. G K Narayana Reddy, President, JES, Dr. Shankarananda B, Principal, VKIT and Dr. Shaila K, Prof. & HOD, Department of Electronics and Communication. The students who had participated in designing the logo and Taga Line were awarded with prizes. This activity was organized today, followed by a “One Day Workshop on Gadget Making.
Electronic Form Logo
Tag Line : “Look the World Through Eye of Electronics”
The forums ability lies not only in organising events but it also has a far sighted view of creating an electronic passion, fervor among students to innovate new ideas and scale new heights bringing laurels to the Department and institution. As we know the world has become a small family, this is with the help of Electronics & Communication which has brought people closer than before. This is possible only due to many great personalities who sacrificed their life by looking the world through the eye of Electronic thereby making life simpler and easier from letters to e-mail, from analog computer to digital computer , from Pentium processor to Dual and Duo Core processor, from Electric train to Bullet train, electronics has made it’s entry to almost all field.
The eye in logo indicates the ‘Bionic Eye’ or ‘Cyborg Eye’ which makes the blind to see giving a new lease of life, this is possible only with the help of implanting an electronic chip in eye. Thus, through this eye I Dr. Shaila K, Prof. and HOD, call upon the students to look the world through eye of Electronics and discover the fields where Electronics can make things simplified thereby helping the community in the development of society.
Through this forum various events like Symposium, Inter, Intra-Collegiate activities, Quiz, Technical talks by various Eminent personality, to tie-up with the various industries thereby helping students to keep themselves updated with the latest technologies. Forum also initiates and encourages conducting Workshops which helps intellects, academicians and industries exchange ideas and thereby paving way for new design and development.
The Electronics Forum started the VKIT-IEEE Student Branch on 3rd May 2013 and conducted various activities under this branch.
Activities Conducted in Department
- A technical talk was conducted by the Electronic Forum Department of ECE and TE on “Career Options in Electronic Design and Manufacturer Industry in India and Global Market”18th February 2016 at 2.00p.m by Narasimha, Schemazem Technologies, Bangalore. Co-ordinator : Y N Sunitha, K Nagadurga.
- A technical talk was conducted by the Electronic Forum Department of ECE and TE on “New Advancement in Automobile Electronics” 20th February 2016 at 2.00p.m by Prithvishekar Pagala, KPTI, Bangalore. Co-ordinator: Dr. Lakshmikanth S, Ashritha S.
- A talk on “Wireless Communications – Beyond 4G – New Research Directions” by Dr. M.H.Kori, Technology Consultant, Technology Adviser, Validus Technologies USA, Retd Technical Director, Alcatel-Lucent Technologies, Chairman IETE Technical Program Committee & IETE Governing Council Member, Former Chairman IMAPS India on 14th August 2015. Co-ordinator: Mrs. Ashritha S and Mrs. K Nagadurga.
- A Faculty Development Program on “A Step Towards Accrediation (A Series Lectures and Evaluation Process)” was organized :
- First Lecture was delivered by Dr. Shaila K, Prof. & HOD, Department of ECE on “Performance Review Guidelines for Self-Appraisal” and Evaluation was performed by Dr. Satish Chandra, Prof. & HOD, Department of MBA, on 10th July 2015.
- Second Lecture was jointly organized with MBA Department. Dr. Srinivasa Gowda, Director, UAS on (a) Norm about NBA and NAAC (b) How to be a Good Teacher? (iii) How to Write Research Proposal for Funding? On 13th July 2015.
3. A talk on “Placement and Career Development” by Mr. Suresh, Almuni of JES was organized on 24th April 2015.
The following students had attended the Internship Training in Industries:
- Ms. Jayashree M B – Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited in 2015. The training was given in the area of control equipment area, PCB Assembly and Testing Max DNA Systems,Semiconductors, Photovoltaics, Traction Systems, Excitation Systems, Generator Controls,SCADA, PADO, FVDC, HMI, BOP, Fabrication, Quality Services.
- Ms. Ashwini Masti Y N – Karnataka Vidyuth Karkhane Limited worked in the area of Manufacture of Distribution Transformers in 2015.
- Ms. Greeshma R – Karnataka Vidyuth Karkhane Limited worked in the area of Manufacture of Distribution Transformers in 2015.
- Mr. Gokulnath K of 6th Sem – Doordarshan Kendra, Bangalore worked on Transmitter, Earth Station, ENG and OB Unit in 2015.
- Mr. Dipak Kumar Bhagat of 6th Sem – Doordarshan Kendra, Bangalore worked on Transmitter, Earth Station, ENG and OB Unit in 2015.
- Ms. Divya K S of 7th Sem has undergone Familiarization in Radio/Radar Section of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in 2015.
- Ms. Kavya V of 7th Sem has undergone Familiarization in Radio/Radar Section of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in 2015.
- Ms. Deepa B of 7th Sem has undergone Familiarization in Radio/Radar Section of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in 2015.
- Ms. Meghana R – Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited in 2015. The training was given in the area of control equipment area, PCB Assembly and Testing Max DNA Systems, Semiconductors, Photovoltaics, Traction Systems, Excitation Systems, Generator Controls,SCADA, PADO, FVDC, HMI, BOP, Fabrication, Quality Services.
- A Talk on “Project on Real Time Embedded System” delivered by Mr. Manjunath J, Center Director, and Mr. Shashikiran for System Domain was organized on 26th September 2014 under the Electronics Forum. Co-ordinators : Mrs. Ashritha S, Mrs. K Nagadurga.
- A Talk on “Technology Usage in Projects” delivered by Mr. Vishwanath and Mr. Chidananda from Glovish Technologies on 26th September 2014 under the Electronics Forum. Co-ordinators : Mrs. Ashritha S, Mrs. K Nagadurga.
- A Talk on “Different Career Avenues” delivered by Mr. Tabrez Sait A R, Endeavour Technologies on 23rd September 2014 under the Electronics Forum. Co-ordinators : Mrs. Ashritha S, Mrs. K Nagadurga.
- Two Day Workshop on “Android Application Development” was organized on 10th-11th April 2014 held at Vivekananda Institute of Technology under IEEE Student Branch.
- One Day Faculty Development Program on “Research Methodologies and LATEX” was organized on 17th February 2014 by the IEEE Student Branch. Co-odinators: Mr. Shashikiran B S and Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra.
- A Technical Competition on “Design of Material using e-waste” was held on 17th January 2014 by the IEEE Student Branch. Co-ordinators : Mr. Shashikiran B S and Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra.
- The IEEE Xtreme Coding 2013 was conducted on 26th October 2013 by the IEEE Student Branch. Co-ordinators : Mr. Shashikiran B S and Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra.
- The faculty and students of ECE department organized Engineers and Teachers Day on 22nd October 2013.
- The Electronics forum “LOGO and TAG LINE” was released on 19th October. Co-ordinators : Mrs. Ashritha S and Mr. Chethan Sharma P.
- One Day Workshop on “Make Objects, Gadgets, Robots (Product Design Program Using Embedded Systems” was organized on 10th September 2013 from EPR Labs, Chennai. Co-ordinators : Mrs. Ashritha S and Mr. Chethan Sharma P.
- M.Tech Inaugural function for Digital Communication and Networking of Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was held on 25th August 2013. Co-ordinator : Chethan Sharma P.
- A Skit on “Use of Being an IEEE Member” was organized on Freshers Day by the VKIT-IEEE Student Branch on 1st August 2013.
- The VKIT-IEEE student Branch was inaugurated on 3rd May 2013 and technical talks wer arranged. A Technical Talk on “Analog IP Design-Challenges Due to Moore’s Law” by Dr. Siva Yellampalli, UTL Technologies on 3rd May 2013 and a talk on “Benefits of IEEE Membership” by Dr. T Srinivas, Indian Institute of Science by Dr. Shaila K and Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra.
- A Three Day National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Electronics, Communication and Computational Intelligence – ETEC-2013” was organized on 20th – 22nd March 2013. The National Conference was inaugurated by Dr. Kanmani, Prof. and HOD of Department of Telecommunication, BMSCE.
- A Three Day Workshop was organized on “Explore VIN Research Areas” on 23rd – 25th July 2012. Co-ordinators: Ms. Shaila K, Mr. Shashikiran B S, Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra.
- IEEE, USA, approved the VKIT-IEEE student branch with Ms. Shaila K- Branch Counsilor, Mr. Shashikiran B S and Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra as Mentors.
- Technical Quiz Competition and Essay Competition on Sir M Visvesaraya was conducted by VTU at VKIT on Engineers Day. Co-ordinators: Mr. Shashikiran B S and Mr. Sanjay K Nagendra.
- Essay Competition on Swami Vivekananda was organized on the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Co-ordinator: Mrs. B N Subhashini.
- Industrial Visit to prefinal year students (6th Semester ECE and TCE) was arranged on 10th February 2012 to HAL, Bangalore. Co-ordinator: Mrs. Mamatha Rani and Ms. Shaila K
- Technical Paper Presentation by students was held on 3rd February 2012 from ECE/TEC Association.
- A Three Days Workshop on “Experiential Learning with LABVIEW” by Mr. Nandisha and Mr. Nawaz, Trident Technologies was held on 31st January 2011 – 02nd February 2011. Co-ordinator : Mr. Mahendra Prashanth, Ms. Shaila K.
- A Technical Seminar on “3G Technology” by Mr. Sridhar from Beamform Communication Pvt. Ltd was held on 15th April 2011. Co-ordinator : Mr. Mahendra Prashanth
- A Three Day Workshop on “Visual Basic Based PIC Embedded System” was organized on 7th -9th April 2010. Co-ordinator: Ms. Shaila K, Ms. Jyothilakshmi P. Dr. T Shankar from Indian Institute of Science delivered the keynote address on the first day. Mr. Santosh from Microchip Corporation Limited presided over the inaugural address. Mr. Ravi Piloor, CEO, Chiptek Pvt. Ltd. Delivered keynote on “Why 16-bit Architecture in Embedded Control Applications” on the second day. Mr. Arun Kumar from AR Consultancy conducted both theoretical sessions and provided the hands on practice about developing miniprojects based on PIC Embedded Systems.
- The Paper Presentation contest for the students of prefinal and final year students was organized in the month of September 2010. Co-ordinators: Ms. Shaila K, Mr. C R Rajagopal.
- “Technical Paper Presentation” Competition for 7th semester students of ECE/TCE was arranged under the EC/TE Association Banner on 30th October 2009. Co-ordinator:Ms. Shaila K
- Technical talk on “VLSI and Embedded System” was delivered by Mr. Rohith A Mahale, from Indian Institute of VLSI Design and Training on 16th October 2009 arranged by Mr. Mahendra Prashanth.
- Technical talk on “VLSI Design” was delivered by Mr. Uday Mishra, Director, Indian Institute of VLSI Design and Training Center on 20th May 2009 arranged by Mr. Mahendra Prashanth.
- Prof. Narayannappa, Member, IEEE delivered a talk on “Awareness of being an IEEE Student Member” on 23rd March 2009 arranged by Ms. Shaila K.
- A Two Day Workshop on “Fundamentals of HDL” was organized on 23rd – 24th February 2008. Co-ordinators : Ms. Shaila K, Mr. C R Rajagopal.
- A Two Day Workshop on “Real Time Implementation on DSP Algorithms” was organized on 23rd – 24th February 2007. Co-ordinator: Ms. Shaila K, Mrs. Savitha, Mr. C R Rajagopal.
- Mr. Rohith R Indikar, Ms. Roopa, Ms. Rashmi, Ms. Swetha, 8th Sem ECE won the “First Prize” winning a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/- and Mr. Dipak Kumar Bhagat, Mr. Amit, Mr.Gokulnath, 8th Sem ECE won “Consolation Prize” of Rs. 1,000/- at the Final Year Project Exhibition, EDSIM-2016 organized by Alpha College of Engineering in association with All India Council for Technical Education on 14th May 2016.
- Karnataka State Council for Student Technical Project (KSCST) funded Rs. 6,000/- for the project titled “BCI-An EEG Based Wheel Chair Design for Physically Challenged” by Mr. Rohith R Indikar, Ms. Roopa, Ms. Rashmi, Ms. Swetha, 8th Sem ECE guided by Mrs. Ashritha S and Rs. 3,000/- for the project titled “Automated E-Rationing System” by Ms. Syeeda Gulfshan, Ms. Tabassum, Ms. Sushmitha Sagar, Ms. Sushmitha V guided by Dr. Lakshmikanth S.
- Ms. Divya Sara Prakash and Madhurya B C, 4th Sem ECE won the “First Prize” winning a cash prize of Rs. 750/-,Rahul G V and Rohith Sharma, 4th Sem ECE won the “Second Prize” winning a cash prize of Rs. 500/- in Verilog Coding held on 7th April 2016 at VKIT.
- Ms. Archana S and Ms. Divyashree H G, 4th Sem ECE won the “First Prize” winning a cash prize of Rs. 750/- , Mr. Anirudh H K and Mr. Harshavardhana, 4th Sem ECE won the “Second Prize” winning a cash prize of Rs. 500/- in Design with Logic, Mr. Shashank Gaonkar and Mr. Sangama, 2nd Sem ECE won the “Consolation Prize” and a cash prize of Rs. 250/- held on 11th April 2016 at VKIT.
- Mr. Jayashankar Swamy P, Mr. Jagadeesh N and Mr. Rohith R Indikar of 6th Sem ECE are attending the BSNL-AICTE-EETP “Gold Certificated Course” in 2016.
- Amit, 8th EC presented a paper on “IoT RFID Test Bed for Supportive Traffic Light Control” at Raja Rajeshwari College of Engineering on 31st March 2016 and won 3rd prize.
- Dipak Kumar, 8th EC presented a paper on “Energy Harvesting using Graphene Based Antenna for UV Spectrum” at Raja Rajeshwari College of Engineering on 31st March 2016.
- Dipak Kumar and Rohit R Indikar, presented a paper on “Carbon Nanotubes: Challenges and Opportunities” at Magnovite-2916 held at Christ University on 26th February 2016.
- One Day Industrial visit was organized on 18.04.2016 to RTTC, Mysore for which EC students and TE students (Total of 74 students) have participated.
- Mr. Amit, Mr. Dipak Kumar Bhagat, Gokulnath, Rohith Indikar, 6th Sem ECE students won “First Prize” for the project titled “Intelligent Irrigation” in Project Expo “Shristi-2015” held at New Horizon College of Engineering 1st – 3rd May 2015.
- Amit, Niveditha Raj, Gokulnath, Dipak Kumar Bhagat, 6th Sem ECE students participated in “PCB Design Competition” in Project Expo held at DBIT on 20th March 2015.
- Amit, Gokulnath, Dipak Kumar Bhagat of 6th Sem ECE participated in the Workshop on “The Concept of Development of Smart Cities in India” on 12 February 2015.
- Mr. Jayashankar Swamy P, Mr. Jagadeesh N and Mr. Rohith R Indikar of 6th Sem ECE are attending the BSNL-AICTE-EETP “Gold Certificated Course” in 2015.
- Ganesh, Jatin M Y, Jayashankar Swamy P, G S Patil, 7th EC students project titled “Qualitative Analysis of Food – One Eye on my Food” is selected for Anveshana Project Expo-2015 conducted under the Governance of Serva Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Subramanya S, Pramod, Shahib Singh Sachdev, 5th EC students project titled “Tropospheric Gas Detector” is selected for Anveshana Project Expo-2015 conducted under the Governance of Serva Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Ms. Amrutha Prasad, Ms. Lavanya S and Mr. Harshith of VIII Sem ECE are attending the BSNL-AICTE-EETP “Gold Certificated Course” from 12th September 2014.
- Mr. Jayashankar Swamy P, Mr. Jagadeesh N and Mr. Rohith R Indikar of 6th Sem ECE are attending the BSNL-AICTE-EETP “Silver Certificated Course” from 12th September 2014.
- Ms. Vinushree S, II Year has won the “Bronze Medal” in the State Level and “Silver Medal” in TOPAZ in National Level Indian Philately Summit on 15th – 21st October 2013, India.
- Mr. Rakesh H of IV Year has been selected for the VTU Belgaum Net Ball Team as players for All India Inter University at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgad for 2013-2014.
- Ms. Apoorva K L, Ms. Kanakalakshmi G M, Ms. Radhika G N students of IV year have won “First Prize” and have received a cash award of Rs. 10,000/- in the “Technical Competition using MATLAB Workshop” organized by RVCE on 26th – 27th April 2013.
- Mr. Akshay S A and team of IV year have won “Second Prize” and have received a cash award of Rs. 5,000/- in the “Technical Competition using MATLAB Workshop” organized by RVCE on 26th – 27th April 2013.
- Mrs. Amrutha Prasad, Ms. Lavanya S and Mr. Harshith of 3rd Sem ECE are attending the BSNL-AICTE-EETP from 18th September and the program continues for two years.
- Mrs. Radhika G N of IV year designed and hosted the VKIT-IEEE Student Branch website.
- Akshay S A of V Sem A Section won “Second Prize” in “Song Mixing” conducted by SJBIT FEST.
- Mr. Rakesh H of V Sem B Section was felicitated as “VTU Blues” by VTU, Belgaum for his achievements in Net Ball Tournaments.
- Mr. Praveen Kumar V, Alumni, 2012 Batch donated the text books for the Department Library.
- Ms. Sowmya Kerrur of 3rd Sem ECE won “Second Place” in Quiz Competition conducted on Engineer’s Day.
- Mr. Anand Shastri, Mr. Kiran B Raj and Mr. Naveen have participated in the Shuttle Badminton Tournament at PES Institute of Technology, conducted by VTU South Zone Inter Collegiate Badminton Tournment 2011-2012 held on 28th and 29th April 2011.