he Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is established in the year 2021, offers an undergraduate programme BE under the affiliation of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
VKIT thrives to impart an effective technical education by means of experiential learning and thereby develop positive learning experiences. To emphasize on lifelong learning and applying knowledge on solving real world problems, the department conducts various technical events like hackathons, coding competitions, training programs, workshops and seminars. At the department, we strive to impart the best in terms of knowledge dissemination and make learning fun and interesting.
- Motivating students with rewards.
- Remedial coaching classes.
- Value added programs.
- Recognition and team work.
To establish a synergistic Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning programme anchored in fundamentals and relevant state of the art technologies, thereby enabling the students to achieve all round development for careers in industry and institution of higher learning, being responsible to society and environment.
- To establish a curricula & syllabus consisting of robust core courses with emphasis on imparting fundamental principles of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning coupled with adaptive and sensitive electives catering to the cutting edge technologies.
- To promote interactive teaching practices using modern educational tools & techniques.
- To attain synergy in teaching, research and industrial practices.
- To explore, ensure and achieve participation of industrial expertise for connecting class room contents to real life situation.
- To encourage and promote resource generation among faculty through research & consultancy.
- To impart soft skills, Professional enabling students to achieve an all round personality development, making them responsive to societal needs and environmental concerns.
- Apply principles of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering to design mechanical systems and applications in industry.
- Apply knowledge of Mechanical engineering to solve problems of social relevance with concern for environment.
- Work with Professorssional ethics as individuals and as team members in multidisciplinary projects demonstrating creativity and leadership.
- Pursue higher education and research in advanced technology.
Short term goals
- To strengthen the relationship with industrial and academic partners.
- Professorciency courses to enhance ability of the students.
- Student’s involvement in projects of Innovative nature.
- Imbibe Knowledge and desire to pursue higher studies.
- Involve faculty and students in funded projects, publications, patents and interaction with the Industry.
- Explore new Innovative ideas through Projects and Research
- Creation of ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the area of Mechanical Engineering
- Inculcate ethical values in students to serve the society.
Long term goals
- Skill enhancement for 100% placement and enhance Entrepreneurship.
- Encourage Faculty to participate in Research activities, publications and consultancy activities.
- Encourage faculty to be the knowledge seekers to discharge lectures in an effective manner.
- To upgrade laboratory with latest instruments for advanced research.
- To incentivize research, plan fiscal policies for strategic initiatives.
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Workshop Lab
- Computer Aided Modelling and Analysis Lab
- Foundry and Forging Lab
Head of the Department
- Webinar on “Readiness for Industry” on 21/12/2020 during Induction Programme for First year. Speaker: Mr. Mohan Kumar, Practice Head, Wipro.
- Webinar on “Self-Management” on 21/12/2020 during Induction Programme for First year. Speaker: Dr. P Raveendra, Prof. and Head, Master of Business Administration, MSRIT, Bangalore.
- Conducted One-Week Webinar on “Yogafor Healthy Mind” from 28/12/2020 to 02/01/2021 during First Year Induction Program in Association with SPYSS, Karnataka.
- Webinar on “How to Prevent & Fight COVID-19” on 13/05/2021 during Induction Programme for First year. Speaker: Prof. Girish Kumar R, Asst.Prof., Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, RVCE, Bangalore.
- Webinar on “Art of Mind Management and Emotional Balance” on 13/05/2021 during Induction Programme for First year. Speaker: Mr. Vishnu Ravi, Executive Campus Connect and the presenter of Youth Empowerment Club, Youth Initiative of ISKCON, Bangalore.