Dr.Vidya A BE, ME, PhD
Prof & Head
Software Engineering is unquestionably the application of Computer Science & Engineering. At VKIT the department of Computer Science and Engineering started functioning since 1997. The department has grown from strength to strength over the years and the present intake is 90. The qualified experienced 17 faculty, along 03 staff with state of the art infrastructure and latest version of the software with engineering approach to research and analysis adds the value to the undergraduate and post graduate students. The department also provides opportunities to the quality research and developments.
Computer science and Engineering saturates all modern activities in academia, government and industry, and its role will continue to grow. The Department illustrates the commitment of the University to scholarship, public service, and the successors of our country. Through education and research, the Department of Computer Science & Engg will be recognized universally as a publicist of the centrality of computing in society.
- To provide quality education to meet the need of profession and society.
- Provide a learning ambiance to enhance innovations, problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical responsibilities.
- Enhance the entrepreneurship skills established by Industry Institute Interaction program.
- Provide acquaintance of latest tools and technologies in the area of Computer Science.
- Promote research based projects/activities in the evolving areas of technology convergence.
SHORT TERM GOALS
LONG TERM GOALS
- To impart the students with professional skill and leadership qualities.
- Conduct national level workshop and conference in the emerging technological fields
- Strengthening the department through alumni network.
- To achieve highest university result and highest placement.
- To get International recognition through NBA
- To motivate entrepreneurship among student's and to create better entrepreneurs in the area of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To establish centre-of-excellence.
- To get recognized at national level for Research and Development.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
In common with the PO'S of the institute the department concentrate on the following PSO's
- PSO 1: Capability to exhibit analytical & logical skills and relate Mathematical knowledge and Computer Science and Engineering to intend, develop, test and maintenance of software solutions.
- PSO 2: Ability to identify, formulate and resolve the social problems by using innovative ideas in computer technology.
B. E Computer Science and Engineering
MSc Engg (By research)
GOOD PRACTICES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Motivating students with rewards.
- Remedial coaching classes.
- Value added programs.
- Recognition and team work.