Admission Procedure & Guidelines
VKIT Affiliation Details
- Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)-New Delhi
- Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)- Belgaum.
- Recognised by Government of Karnataka
Eligibility for admission
- The student should have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Biology/ as option subjects, along with English as one of the languages of study and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects.
- In case of candidates belonging to Karnataka Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward classes ( category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B ), the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40% of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects in the qualifying examination.
Admission under Sponsored Quota
The candidates should have appeared for the Entrance Examinations conducted by KEA or Qualified under GATE through the examinations conducted by the University.
Admission under Management Quota
The candidates should have appeared for the entrance examinations conducted by KEA or Qualified under GATE or appeared and qualified through the entrance examinations conducted by the University. Further, there shall be an Admissions Committee for PG Course in each college for each branch of PG studies consisting of the college as the Chairman, Head of the concerned Department, one senior staff member of the concerned Department. The Committee conducts the interview of the candidates for admissions.