R & D Centers
Research Programs: Ph.D
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Dr. Lakshmikanth S published a book on Noise Cancellation Techniques”, Scholar’s Press, Germany, 2016.
- Dr. Shaila K published “Secure Data Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks”, LAP LAMBERT Publishers, Germany, 2014.
- Dr. Shaila K published “Digital Circuits and System” by Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2011
Journal Articles: National/International
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Ms. Ramya H P, is sponsored with an amount of Rs.5000/- under FOSS (Free Open source Software) - VTU in 2018 for the project titled “IoT Based War Assistance Robot” carried out by Final year UG students (Shruthi S, Premavani R, Amruthashree V, Shivakumar R.
- Dr. Bhagyalakshmi N, is sponsored with an amount of Rs.5000/- under FOSS (Free Open source Software) - VTU in 2018 for the project titled “IoT Based Camcorder Movie Piracy System” carried out by Final year UG students (Rahul G V, Anirudh H K, Hemanth Kumar N and Manoj Kumar V S).
- Dr. Bhagyalakshmi N, is sponsored with an amount of Rs.5000/- under FOSS (Free Open source Software)- VTU in 2018 for the project titled “Raspberry Pi based Assistant Communication System for Blind Person” carried out by Final year UG students (Varshitha G,Soundarya S, Swapna C and Vishnupriya in 2018.
- Mrs. Ashritha S received KSCST fund of Rs, 5000/- for the project titled “Brain Computer Interface (BCI) – An EEG Based Mind Controlled Drone (Wheelchair) for Physically Challenged” for the project group of Rohit R Indikar and others of in 2016.
- Dr. Lakshmikanth S received Rs. 6,500 for KSCST Student Project for the project titled “Automated E- rationing distributed system" in 39th Series SPP-2016 for UG students - Ms. Sayeeda Gulafshan, Ms. Sushmita Sagar.P, Ms. Sushmitha V, Ms. Tabassum A.
- Dr. Shaila K, received a travel grants of Rs. 1,00,000 by AICTE for presenting the paper in the International Conference at Beijing, China for the paper titled “KCSR: Keymatches Constrained Secure Routing in Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS-2011), Beijing, China, ISBN:978-989-8425-56-0, pp.13-17, June 8th -11th, 2011”.
- Dr. Bhagyalakshmi N, was sponsored with an amount of Rs.4500/- by KSCST (Karnataka State Council for Technical Education) IISc, in 2009 for the project titled “GSM based Smart Sensor for industrial automatic fault diagnoser with voice facility” carried out by Final year UG students (Nagashri K M, Kaveri M J and Sumithra S)
- Dr. Shaila K, received Rs.10,000 from VTU for conduction of the Workshop on “Fundamentals of HDL” on 23rd - 24th February 2008”.
Computer Science and Engineering
- Mrs. Pavithra H C Asst. Prof. is sponsored with an amount of Rs.5000/- under FOSS (Free Open source Software) - VTU in 2018 for the project “Finger Gesture interface for operating system”carried out by Final year UG students.
- Mr. Lokanna Kadkolmath Asst. Prof. is sponsored with an amount of Rs. 2,75000 /- under INetFrame Technologies, Bengaluru in 2017 for the project “Machine Learning Scheme In Augmented Reality For Features Detection”carried out by Final year UG student.
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST), IISC Bangalore has granted an amount of RS 4500 towards the establishment of the project “Robotic Automated external Defibrillator Ambulance for Emergency Medical Service in Smart Cities” under the guidance of Prof. Bhavana Gowda D M Asst. Prof. Department of CSE.
- Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST), IISC Bangalore has granted an amount of RS 5000 towards the establishment of the project “Enhanced identification and probability of determining sudden cardiac arrest using machine learning algorithms” under the guidance of Prof. Lakshmikantha G C Asst. Prof. Department of CSE.
- Vision group on science and Technology (VGST), has granted an amount of RS.20,00,000/ Government of Karnataka towards the establishment of the project “Word Image Identification for hand written scripts using Data Visualization” The program coordinator is Prof. Prathima Guruprasad
- Wind Solar Hybrid(WiSH) System- CSIR-NAL - 6.0 Lakhs INR.
- "Design of Floating mass dampers for improved contact geometry suiting to a typical gas turbine blade - DRDO" - 8.85 Lakhs INR.
- CadMaxx Solutions- Deena Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana- 81 Lakhs INR
- “Effect of injection pressure on performance and emission characteristics of CI engine fuelled with mixed esterified oil blends derived from dairy scum & fried oil” –KSCST- 13,000 INR.
IEEE Student Branch Activities
- A Technical Quiz was conducted on 9th April 2018 for all the branch students.
- An event on Technical Hunt was conducted on 23rd March 2018 for ECE students.
- Two Day Workshop on “Java” was organized on 20th and 22nd September 2014.
- Two Day Workshop on “Android Application Development” was organized on 10th-11th April 2014 by ECE department.
- One Day Faculty Development Program on “Research Methodologies and LATEX” was organized on 17th February 2014.
- A Technical Competition on “Design of Material using e-waste” was held on 17th January 2014.
- The IEEE Xtreme Coding 2013 was conducted on 26th October 2013 for EC students.
- A skit on “Use of being an IEEE member” was organized on freshers day on 1st August 2013.
- The VKIT-IEEE student Branch was inaugurated on 3rd May 2013 and technical talks were arranged. A Technical Talk on “Analog IP Design-Challenges Due to Moore’s Law” by Dr. Siva Yellampalli, UTL Technologies on 3rd May 2013 and a talk on “Benefits of IEEE Membership” by Dr. T Srinivas, Indian Institute of Science.
- The VKIT-IEEE student branch with initiated and started by Dr. Shaila K - Branch Counsellor in the year 2013.
- Prof. B Narayannappa, Member, IEEE delivered a talk on “Awareness of being an IEEE Student Member” on 23rd March 2009.