Engineering is a multifaceted discipline in which science and mathematics are applied to practical problems. As software is a product of Computer Science, Software Engineering is unquestionably the application of Computer Science. It is important that Software Engineering deliberately in term of Computer Science in order to establish Software Engineering as subset of Computer Science. Establishing this Vivekananda Institute of technology has initiated the department of Computer Science in the year 1997. The department has grown from strength to strength over the years.
Every business and organization out there sees the tremendous amount of value in having technology available to make jobs more efficient by increasing productivity through the elimination of complex or tedious tasks from the agendas of workers. It has thus become more important that the gurus of the Computer
Science field fall into professions that require they understand business and customer needs. The backbone of our economy lies on the efficiency and productivity of our businesses, and by transitive property, at the fingertips of those gurus.
Computer Science program focus more on the practical application of the knowledge gained through analysis and research. Furthermore, an engineering approach to research and analysis enhances the value of the knowledge obtained.The programs will produce better engineers to face not only the problems of today, but the problems of tomorrow as well. The Computer Science Department at Vivekananda Institute of Technology has made a great first step in this direction and needs to be more of a movement by the entire academic community for the benefits to truly be realized.
VISION & MISSION
Graduates of BE program in CSE will be able to:
- Analyze, design, develop and optimize solutions in C, C++, Java and .Net platforms.
- Apply concepts in core areas of Computer Science –Data Structures, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture and Software Engineering to solve technical issues.
- An ability to use research methods to design a system, component or process to meet the desired economic, social and environmental.
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Prof.Chandramma R BE, MTech, (PhD)
Mrs. Chandramma R has fourteen years of teaching experience and has two years of industry experience. She is pursuing her PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from Vellore Institute of Technology University, Chennai Campus. M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from Dr.Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology University, B.E in Computer Science and Engineering from S.J.C Institute of Technology, Bangalore University, Bangalore. Her research areas include Natural Language Processing, Speech reorganization, Data mining.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Mobile No: 9901922114
|Mrs.R CHANDRAMMA||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||HOD & Associate Professor||11-10-2001||View Profile|
|Mrs. PRATHIMA GURUPRASAD||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Associate Professor||18-07-2014||View Profile|
|Mrs. P.VANAJAKSHI||B.E., M.TECH,(PHD)||Asst.Professor||6/7/2000||View Profile|
|Mrs. NIBEDITHA PANIGRAHI||B.E., M.TECH(PHD)||Asst.Professor||16-02-2010||View Profile|
|Mrs.G.SUNANDA||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||8/5/2009||View Profile|
|Mr.LAKSHMIKANTHA G.C||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||10-09-2009||View Profile|
|Mrs. LAKSHMI.K||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||13-06-2011||View Profile|
|Mr. SHIVANANDA C.S||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||13-06-2011||View Profile|
|Mrs. BHAVANA GOWDA D.M||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||13-06-2011||View Profile|
|Mrs.R.MAHEJA NANDINI||B.E., M.E.||Asst.Professor||16-07-2012||View Profile|
|Mr.LOKANNA KADAKOLMATH||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||1/1/2013||View Profile|
|Ms.VIJAYALAKSHMI B||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||24-07-2013||View Profile|
|Mr.DINESH S D||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||27-07-2013||View Profile|
|Mrs.PRAGATI M K||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||29-Jul-13||View Profile|
|Mr.S.SURESHKUMAR||B.E., M.TECH(PHD)||Asst.Professor||11-09-2013||View Profile|
|Ms.POORVITHA||B.E., M.TECH||Asst.Professor||23-07-2014||View Profile|
Analog & Digital Electronics Laboratory:
- This laboratory course enables students to get practical experience in design, assembly and evaluation/testing of analog components and digital circuits.
- It enhances knowledge in learning of circuits like Flip flops ,clipper, clamper etc. by practical usage & by simulation package Pspice and VHDL.
- It helps in understand the working and implementation of ALU.
- Acquire knowledge of JFETs and MOSFETs Operational Amplifier circuits and their applications.
- Analyze the performance of JFETs and MOSFETs , Operational Amplifier circuits .
- Apply the knowledge gained in the design of Counters, Registers and A/D & D/A converters.
Data Structures with ‘C’ Laboratory:
- This laboratory course enables students to get practical experience in design, develop, implement, analyze and evaluation/testing of : Linear data structures and their applications such as Stacks, Queues and Lists,
- Non-Linear Data Structures and their applications such as Trees and Graphs, Sorting and Searching Algorithms.
- The students will be able to implement all the applications of Data structures in a high-level language.
- The students will be able to choose the appropriate data structure for solving real world problems with optimum solutions.
Design & Analysis of Algorithms Laboratory with C++:
- This laboratory course enables students to get practical experience in design, develop, implement, analyze and evaluation/testing of the asymptotic behaviors of functions.
- Design and develop code for different algorithm design techniques like : Divide-and-Conquer, Dynamic programming, Greedy paradigm, Graph algorithms etc.
- The students will be able to choose the appropriate algorithm for solving real world problems with optimum solutions.
- The students can analyze and compare the asymptotic behavior of functions.
Microprocessors & ARM Laboratory
- This laboratory course enables students to get practical experience in design, develop, implement, analyze and evaluation/testing of internal organization of INTEL 8086 Microprocessors, ARM Processor and Assembly Language Programs using the instruction sets of processors.
- The students will be able to perform the interfacing of the processor with various peripheral devices like LED displays, Keyboards.
- Students will be able to explain 80×86/ARM instruction sets.
- Students can design and implement programs written in 80×86/ARM.
Data Base Applications Laboratory
- This laboratory course enables students to get practical experience in design, develop, implement, analyze and evaluation/testing of the role of a database management system in an organization.
- Students will understand basic database concepts, including the structure and operation of the relational data model.
- Students will be able to construct simple and moderately advanced database queries using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Students can successfully apply their knowledge on logical database design principles, including E-R diagrams and database normalization.
- Students understand the concept of a database transaction and related database facilities, including concurrency control, backup and recovery.
- Students Operate with different database management systems applications using Oracle 8i and Visual Basic (VB) will provide an Industry Knowledge on Database.
System Software & Operating Systems Laboratory
- The laboratory course enables the students to understand the fundamental concepts in system software and provides the skills needed for developing the software application.
- The students can have knowledge of the underlying the assembler, Lexical analyzer (LEX) and Parser (YACC).
- The students are exposed towards use of Shell commands, Shell constructs, shell programming language, utilities.
- It also provides the students to get practical experience on operating system CPU scheduling algorithms, synchronization etc.
The lab covers the details of the OpenMp Programming.
Computer Graphics & Visualization Laboratory
This laboratory course enables students to get practical experience in design, develop, implement, analyze and evaluation/testing with all aspects of producing images using a computer.
- Understanding of computers and interpretation of data has been made easier because of computer graphics. Computer graphic development has a significant impact on many types of media and has revolutionized animation, movies and the video game industry.
- This lab enables the students to perform graphics manipulation of visual and geometric information using computational techniques.
- It focuses on the mathematical and computational foundations of image generation using OpenGL Functions.
- This laboratory course on computer networking focuses on practical experience on TCP/IP and UDP protocol ranging from how bits are modulated on wires and in wireless to application-level protocols.
- It also explains the principles of how to design networks and network protocols. It also introduces the fundamental concepts of computer networking; topics include error detection and correction, multiple-access,bandwidth allocation, routing, internetworking, reliability, quality of service, naming, content delivery, and security.
- It also provides how the internals of the Internet work to support the networked applications. It will provide practical usage by simulation package NS228/OPNET, NS2, NCTNUS 6.0.
- The Web programming Laboratory gives an overview of how the web works, as well as description of many of the most widely used web technologies.
- The Students will be able to build a static web site using only XHTML and supports object oriented programming. It provides practical experience on HTML document involving a variety of element types including hyperlinks, images, lists, tables, and forms.
- Use of CSS to implement a variety of presentation effects in HTML and XML documents including explicit positioning of elements.
- Demonstrate techniques for improving the accessibility of an web page through PHP, Perl and MYSQL.
Conducted Labs : In-house Project Lab
- In the remembrance of the greatest teacher Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, our UG and PG Students have arranged Teacher’s-Day celebration function in the college campus on 23th Sep 2014. The function was addressed by our beloved Principal Dr. Shankarananda B. It was an occasion for collaborating the Student and Teacher relationship.
- Student Technical Association “iTACS” (Innovative Technical Association of Computer Science) has arranged “TECHNORUN” event for all Department students on 19th Sep 2014.
- Student Technical Association “iTACS” (Innovative Technical Association of Computer Science) has arranged “JAM (Just a Minute)” event for all Department students on 26th Sep 2014.
- Student Technical Association “iTACS” (Innovative Technical Association of Computer Science) has announced for Departmental Web Site Designing “CS WEAVE-Network of Thoughts” Competition on 2nd Sep 2014.Registration date has been given up to 8th Sep 2014. iTACS has given 17th Oct 2014 as a final date for the website submission & Presentation.
- On behalf of Janatha Education Society and Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Department of Computer Science and Engineering renowned the inauguration and unveiling the logo of Student Technical Association – iTACS (Innovative Technical Association for Computer Science) with high spirit on 14th February 2014 in splendid way at New Seminar hall in the College Campus. I
- The eminent Mr. Guruprasad P S, Technology Specialist in Cognizant Technology Solutions was the chief guest. The function presided by powerful personality of our JES Prof., G K Narayanareddy, President, JES. Our honorable Secretary Sri. C N Manchegowda, Secretary, JES was present.
- The event graced by Sri. B P Muniraju, our respected Principal Dr. B Shankarananda, Vice Principal Dr. D V Chandrashekar, Heads of all the Departments,Teaching professors, non teaching faculties and administrative department of Vivekananda Institute of technology.
- Mrs. Bhavana Gowda, Asst Prof., Dept. of CSE anchored the whole function. The celebration started with an invocation song by Ms Keerthana of 2nd Sem M.Tech and Ms Shruthi H S 4th Sem B.E. Our respected Principal Dr. B Shankarananda welcomed the gathering.
- Inauguration and unveiling of the logo of our Student Technical association was inaugurated by our chief guest the man of distinguished vision Mr. Guruprasad P S, along with the dignitaries of the stage.
- Technical association logo and the association name which was created by Mr. Lakshmikantha G C, Asst Prof, Dept of CSE and Mr. Ram Manohar Nisarg, Asst Prof, Dept of CSE respectively was unveiled by our chief guest
- Our beloved HOD Smt. Chandramma R gave a brief description about iTACS. She explained that the main purpose of iTACS is to put students first by nurturing rigorous academic experiences.
- Then, certificates were distributed to congratulate and to appreciate our highfliers. A powerful personality of our JES Prof., G K Narayanareddy gave a presidential speech.
- Mr. Guruprasad P S gave a presentation on “IP Telephony” and its applications to the current trends which made students aware of IP technologies.
- Then Manasa P student of 8th Sem CSE gave a wonderful technical talk on “Sixth Sense Technology” which received a good amount of appreciation from the principal and also from our chief guest Mr. Guruprasad P S.
- Then Lunch was arranged outside the seminar hall for the gathering. After the lunch, a technical talk was given by Soumya S student of 4th Sem CSE on “Algorithms” which was very helpful to students as it was a part of curriculum.
- Technical Quiz was held for the participants and the winners were Karthik A, Bharath N, Kiran S P students of 6th Sem CSE which motivated others to participate in upcoming events.
ACHIEVEMENTS – STUDENTS
- Shruthi N , Smruthi D Jadhav, Sushmita S.V, Zareena Arfath, “ Identification Of Handwritten Devanagari Script Using Artificial Neural Network Approach”, 11th National Conference on Recent Trends in CSE ,SJBIT, May 2016,under the guidance of Prathima Guruprasad, Assoc. Prof,CSE Dept., VKIT, Bangalore and Sunanda H G, Asst. Prof,CSE Dept., VKIT, Bangalore.
- Mrinal, Revathi,Archana,Harshita K Rao 8th sem, CSE has Presented paper “Emotion Recognition detecting Emotions from Textual Documents, Blogs and Audio Files” a First International Conference on innovations in Computing and Networking-ICICN 2016 in RR College of Engineering, B’lore on 12th and 13th May 2016.
- Megha R, Kruthi, Abhilasha B k, 6th Sem CSE has Presented paper “Applications of Data Mining” a National Conference on Signal Processing Computing and Networks-SPCN 2016 in ACS College of Engineering, B’lore on 21st and 22nd April 2016.
- Sanjay Shankar , Shreyas S, Tilak J, Vyshak S Kumar, “Automated Segmentation Of Handwritten Devanagari Scripts”, International Conference on ICCSTAR , City Engg. College, Bengaluru, April 2016,IJCEA,under the guidance of Prathima Guruprasad, Assoc. Prof,CSE Dept., VKIT, Bangalore.
- Kushal S Mahalingapur and Mr. Manjesh, 8th Sem, CSE has presented paper on “Overview of Different Thresholding Method In Image Processing” in 3rd national Conference on Emerging Trends in Advance Computing and Communication on 17-03-2016 to 18-03-2016 at GCEB, Tamilnadu, under the guidance of Prathima Guruprasad, Assoc. Prof,CSE Dept., VKIT, Bangalore.
- Students of 6th sem from CSE Department has attended two days technical workshop on “Bigdata Anaytics” at UVCE College, Bangalore on 04-03-16 to 05-03-16.
- Dharoor Vijay Suprith, 6th Sem, CSE has attended “Kannada to Telugu Dictionary Development Program” on 13-03-16 at RV College of Engineering, Bangalore.
Sports or Quiz Competitions
- Kushal S Mahalingapur and Mr. Dayanand Kumar, 8th Sem, CSE has participated in “TCS-TECH-BITES” state level quiz competitions conducted by TCS at JC College of Engineering, Mysore on 03-03-16.
- Shruthi H S 8th sem CSE has performed in a stage show organized by “Pragathi Syndicate Bank” on 20-01-2016 at Khasia Bhavan Rajajinagar.
- Shruthi H S 8th sem CSE has performed in a stage show organized by “Kala Sourabha” on 14-02-2016 at Rotary Auditorium Malleshwaram.
- Shruthi H S 8th sem CSE has got telecasted on show “Some – Geetha” in Udaya Music for a week from March 8th at 2 PM.
- Sowmya S and Ms. Shruthi H S, 8th Sem, CSE has presented paper On “Assigning Lables To Semantically Similar Named Entities Using Clustering Algorithm” in international Conference on 4-12-2015 at VVIT Bangalore.
- Amith H R and Harsha D has presented paper on “ Matching of Handwritten Devanagari words using SIFT Invariant Features”, AEIJST-Oct2015 Vol3 Issue 10 ISSN 2348-6732,under the guidance of Prathima Guruprasad, Assoc. Prof,CSE Dept., VKIT, Bangalore.
- Ms. Veena M.Tech Final year student has presented paper under the guidance of Prof. P Vanajakshi at national conference in ACS College of Engineering on 31 March 2015 titled “Signal Processing & Computing Networks”, Conducted and also awarded as best paper award.
- Mr. Adarsh C M M.Tech final year student has presented paper under the guidance of Prof. Chandramma HOD Dept of CSE at National conference in East West Institute of Technology on 29th and 30th April 2015 titled “An Efficient Workload Distributed In Hybrid Cloud Computing”.
- Ms. Vinutha J M.Tech final year student has presented paper under the guidance of Prof. Chandramma HOD Dept of CSE at international conference in Vemana institute of technology on 2nd May 2015 titled “Skew Types Mitigating Techniques to Increase the Performance of Map Reduce Application”.
- Ms. Kavyashree B P M.Tech final year student has presented paper under the guidance of Prof. Lakshmikantha G C at international conference in Jain college on 21st to 23rd May 2015 titled “ Data Mining Approach For Climate Studies”.
- Niveditha P V M.Tech Final year has Presented a paper under the guidance of and Prof. Rashmi B C titled “Numerical Weather Modeling For Regional Scale” in national conference on Emerging trends in engineering technology – ETST on 20th and 21st Feb 2015 at Jyothi institute of Technology Bangalore.
- Niveditha P V M.Tech Final year has presented a paper under the guidance of Prof. Rashmi B C titled “Benchmark Approach For NWP Model” in national conference on Signal Processing and computing networks (SPCN) on 31st March 2015 at ACS college of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Kavya R M.Tech Final year has presented a paper under the guidance of Prof. Lokanna Kadakolmath titled “NCCloud: Reconstructing Data Using Number of Cluster-Clouds Based on Network Coding”, published in “International Conference on Research in Business Management & IT (ICRBIT-2015)”, held at RNSIT Bengaluru, ELK Asia Pacific Journals (Ref # ELKAPJ/SI/11581), Volume 2, April 22, 2015.
- Ms. Kavya R M.Tech Final year has presented a paper under the guidance of Prof. Lokanna Kadakolmath titled “Reconstructing the Data of Ever-Lasting Cloud Failure Using FMSR Technique”, presented in the “National Conference on Signal Processing and Computing Networks (SPCN 2015)”, held at ACS Bengaluru, March 31, 2015.
- Ms Priya P, M.Tech Final year has presented a paper under the guidance of Prof. Bhavana titled “Software System for Dynamical Crop Modelling” in International Conference on Information Science & Technology for sustainability and Innovation on May 2015 at Jain University, Bangalore.
- Ms Priya P, M.Tech Final year has presented a paper under the guidance of Prof. Bhavana titled “Crop Yield Forecasting System-A dynamic Approach” in National Conference on Signal Processing and Computing Networks on March 2015 at ACS College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Kruthika H S, Janhavi D O,Likitha M S, Kavya 8th Sem, CSE Presented paper under the guidance of Bhavana titled “Open CV Implementation Of Contour Based Filtering For Object Recognition” in National Conference on Advances in Computing Technology on April 2015 at KSSEM, Bangalore.
- Sindhu, M.Tech Final year has presented a paper under the guidance of Prof. Lakshmi titled “Dac in Clouds That Provides Anonymous Authentication of the User for Storing the Data” a National Conference on Signal Processing and Computing Networks (SPCN2015) in ACS College of Engineering, B’lore on March 31, 2015.
- 6th Semester students have attended one day workshop on “Network Programming” (TCP/IP Programming), organized & conducted by ISM UNIV on 7th march 2015.
Sports or Quiz Competitions
- Shruthi H S of 6th semester has secured the top achiever (TRUE IUITE) tag in i3 by executing 8 different social based projects and has impacted & inspired more than 2200 peoples.
- Akarsh, Mr. Raghavendra, Mr. Keerthi Raj CSE Department have Participated in “VTU South Zone Football Tournament” held at VKIT Campus on March 10th & 11th 2015.
- Akarsh, Mr. Nagabharath CSE Department Have participated in “VTU Volley ball Tournament” held at SJBIT on 25th & 26th Feb 2015.
- 8th sem & 6th sem CSE students are working for the VGST founded project “Word Image Identification For Handwritten Scripts Using Data Visualization”.
- Meghna V, Ms. Dhanyashree S, Ms. N Swetha & Ms. Kavya H C have been applied their project “Enhanced Identification and Probability of Determining Sudden Cardiac Arrest using Machine Learning Algorithms” to Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology, IISc under guidance of Mr. Lakshmikantha G C on 20th Jan 2015.
- CSE Students have participated in “Run4oscar” Marathon to provide Education for under developed children on 1st march 2015.
- Anjali V K 4th Sem CSE Department has performed a “Classical Dance” program at Devraj Arasu Bhavana for KSKS on 8th March 2015.
- Chaitra, Mr. Diwakar Gowda K S, Mr.Manoj B, Ms.Snehalata Khanapure, “Light Wight Management Of Vms”, in Proceedings of National Conference on “Frontiers of computer science” May 2014 in DBIT Bangalore, Under the guidance of Chandramma Asst Prof & HOD Dept of CSE VKIT Bangalore.
- Shwetha Murthy , Ms. Shwetha H S , Mr. .Rajesh Rathore , Mr. .Srivasta, “ Detection & Localization Of Multiple Spoofing Attack In Wireless Networks” in Proceedings of National Conference on “Frontiers of computer science” May 2014 in DBIT Bangalore, Under the guidance of Bhavana Gowda D M. Asst Prof Dept of CSE, VKIT Bangalore.
- Poojitha Pai C, Ms. Pavithra K, Ms. Sandhya N.Ms. Tejaswini S P. “Resource Allocation In Clouds Using Pointer Gossiping For Dynamic Optimization” in Proceedings of National Conference on “Frontiers of computer science” May 2014 in DBIT Bangalore, Under the guidance of Lakshmi K. Asst Prof Dept of CSE, VKIT Bangalore.
- Smitha S, Ms. Vidya K (7th Sem), Ms. Pooja, Mr. Brijesh, Ms. Vedashree (5th Sem), CSE Department have participated in the contest “Inter College Fashion Show Competition” at “New horizon college of engineering ” on 15th sep to 18th Sep 2014.
- Adil Pasha K N CSE Department has participated in “Battle of Bands” music competition in “Bangalore Medical College”, “Nitte Minakshi”, & Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology in the month of August & September.
- Anjali v k, CSE Department has performed a “Classical Dance” program at Dasara Festival in Banshankari Temple on 30th Sep 2014.