Mechanical Engineering, mother of engineering contributes enormously for the growth of technology over the centuries has been in existence since 2013 with an intake of 60. The faculty members with advanced degrees like M.E/M.Tech, PhD from reputed institutions with good academic and research experience, imparts skills to the students so as to enrich them with strong computational mathematics, creativity and analytical abilities. The areas of study includes Manufacturing processes, Mechanical vibrations, Mechatronics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Tool Engineering and Design, Design of machine elements, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Robotics.
- Motivating students with rewards.
- Remedial coaching classes.
- Value added programs.
- Recognition and team work.
To establish a synergetic Mechanical Engineering programme anchored in fundamentals and relevant state of the art technologies, thereby enabling the students to achieve all round development for careers in industry and institution of higher learning, being responsible to society and environment.
- To establish a curricula & syllabi consisting of robust core courses with emphasis on imparting fundamental principles of mechanical engineering coupled with adaptive and sensitive electives catering to the cutting edge technologies.
- To promote interactive teaching practices using modern educational tools & techniques.
- To attain synergy in teaching, research and industrial practices.
- To explore, ensure and achieve participation of industrial expertise for connecting class room contents to real life situation.
- To encourage and promote resource generation among faculty through research & consultancy.
- To impart soft skills, Professional enabling students to achieve an all round personality development, making them responsive to societal needs and environmental concerns.
- Apply principles of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering to design mechanical systems and applications in industry.
- Apply knowledge of Mechanical engineering to solve problems of social relevance with concern for environment.
- Work with Professorssional ethics as individuals and as team members in multidisciplinary projects demonstrating creativity and leadership.
- Pursue higher education and research in advanced technology.
Short term goals
- To strengthen the relationship with industrial and academic partners.
- Professorciency courses to enhance ability of the students.
- Student’s involvement in projects of Innovative nature.
- Imbibe Knowledge and desire to pursue higher studies.
- Involve faculty and students in funded projects, publications, patents and interaction with the Industry.
- Explore new Innovative ideas through Projects and Research
- Creation of ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the area of Mechanical Engineering
- Inculcate ethical values in students to serve the society.
Long term goals
- Skill enhancement for 100% placement and enhance Entrepreneurship.
- Encourage Faculty to participate in Research activities, publications and consultancy activities.
- Encourage faculty to be the knowledge seekers to discharge lectures in an effective manner.
- To upgrade laboratory with latest instruments for advanced research.
- To incentivize research, plan fiscal policies for strategic initiatives.
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
- Workshop Lab
- Computer Aided Modelling and Analysis Lab
- Foundry and Forging Lab
Head of the Department
Dr. Manjunatha BE, ME, PhD.
Dr. Manjunatha has 08+years of teaching and 4 years of research experience. He received his Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University, Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore University, B.E in Mechanical Engineering from Dr Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore. He has published research papers in International Conferences and refereed International Journals. He has also received best presentation award and Best Paper award for her research paper. His area of interest is alternative fuels, solar energy, fluid flow in dynamic patterns, heat transfer.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student participation in various activities
VTU has conducted an “Employability test” at BNMIT Bangalore for final year BE students under TEQIP with prime objectives of improving the employability of engineering students.
Prerana from 3rd sem, Mechanical Engineering Participated in South india zone Inter university Kabaddi Sports for women.
Karthik C – USN 1VK16ME015
Prasanna – USN 1VK16ME028
USN 1VK16ME015 USN 1VK16ME028
Department of Mechanical Engineering has organized online Quiz on “Mechanical System Design” for faculties, Industrialists, Research Scholars & Students on 15th July, 2020.