The main library is located in the entrance of the VKIT Campus, it has an independent & duplex building with separate & specious wings; the area of the building is 1935 Sq.mts.
All the Library operations have been fully computerized, it has our own Institutional Repository Facilities (Digital Library), Online cataloging, e-resources facilities, Forums facilities etc., All Library services are providing through Mobiles or Systems in 24 X 7 for the benefit of the students and staff.
Our aim is to develop the best library facilities and services; and intends to incorporate the latest information and communication technologies (ICT’s) and adopt user-friendly approach towards the users.
Library serving as an information resource center aims to develop a comprehensive collections and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge in 24 X 7 hours through web to the users.
Monday to Friday: – Circulation: 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM Reference: 9.00 AM to 8.00 PM
Saturday :- Circulation : 9.00 AM to 1.30 PM Reference: 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM
Holidays and Sunday : Not working
Mr.Vijayakumar MSc., MLISc., MPhil., (PhD)
I have completed more than 18 years of experience as a Chief Librarian at Vivekananda Institute of Technology
My Capability and Efficiency :
Good knowledge of Library Administration, Management & Providing High-Tech library Services, in that I knew Library building, furniture, Staff Organizations, Library Committee, Books Maintenance, Serials control, Budgeting, Acquisition process, to conduct Library coordination program for both users and staff, Library Automation, Implementation of Bar-code Technology, Implementation of RFID system, Automated & Bar-code circulation facility, OPAC & WEBOPAC facility, Database Creation, Institutional Repositories, Digital Library, Virtual Library, Website design and maintenance, Maintenance of e-Journals, e-Books, e-Databases, Centralized cataloging service (Union cataloging), News clipping services, Library Call Center facility, e-circular facility, identification of Open Source e-Resources, etc.,
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE USERS
- Borrowing facilities are available to the member of the Library against Bar-coded Identity Card cum library card issued to them. Books are issued from the counter on presenting the Bar-coded Identity card. The ID card is non-Transferable.
- Journals/ Magazines (Previous issues) will be issued on merit of the case for overnight only.
- The list of new arrivals will be displayed on the Library website and kept on display Shelf for a week. Afterwards the new arrivals will be available for issue if not meant for reference.
- If a book is not returned within the stipulated time as given in Library, the member will be charged a fine of Rs 2/- per day per book, in case of overnight issue, the fine will be Rs 4/- per day per book.
- The defaulters will not be issued books in future.
- In the case of loss of book by the borrower he/she shall replace the book + late fine as admissible. If he/she does not replace the book then he/she has to pay double the cost of the book.
- The library members are responsible for loss of the Library cum Identity card issued to them. Loss of ID card should be reported to the Librarian immediately. Loss of the card attracts fine of Rs. 100/-.
- Entitlement for issue of books.
Categories No of Books Loan Period
UG Students 3 15 days
PG Students 4 15 days
Teaching Staff 8-10 185 days
Technical Staff 3 185 days
- Users should be sign in and out register available at the Library entrance.
- To maintain the silence in the library premises and should not be disturb to the readers. Smoking/ eating/ talking/ chewing should strictly prohibit in the library.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in the library, which can be kept in the racks at Property Counter; however, they may carry loose papers and notebooks.
- The Members have to verify the borrowing books before leaving the issue counter. Any damage to the borrowed books, he/she will be responsible.
- If any student found indulging in the process of book hiding, stealing, or mutilating, he/she should be punishing in the form of fines with the approval of the Librarian.
- No Due Certificate will be give only after surrendering the Books & Library Card.
The library is take the new/renew Membership through online and issue the membership ID card, User name and Password to the users. The user will be filling the personal details in the prescribed format with appropriate documents and two recent photographs.
LIBRARY SPACE AND VARIOUS SECTIONS
LIBRARY COLLECTION DEVELOPMENTS
- Fully furnished with sufficient number of computers, electronic equipment, furniture etc.,
- Sufficient number of VTU prescribed text and reference books, journals, magazines, newspapers, CDROMS, etc.,
- Providing sufficient number of e-journals, e-books, e-databases, etc., through VTU Consortium.
HI-TECH LIBRARY SERVICES
- Automated and bar-coded books transitions
- Accessing of individual library transactions
- Online Book reservation
- Library transaction reports to the users through mail and SMS
- Inter library loan and Resource sharing
- Online catalogue facilities(WEBOPAC)
- Digital library facilities
- Feedback facilities
- Providing open source e-resources (free e-journals, e-books, e-database, etc.,)
- Library website
- Library forum
- General and Subject forums
- Online circulars/Notice board
- E-Newspaper facilities
- E-circular/Notice board facilities
- Mobile app for VKIT library services